Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Maybelline Sensational Lip Color in Coral Crush

Here is my review of the Maybelline Sensational Lip Stick in Coral Crush.

I had been eyeing this color since they have come out with this color range. I never bought any because I am a lip product hoarder and didn't need anymore neutrals and already had the one red lipstick I would ever need. Coral Crush is the only color that stood out to me. It is a true coral and seemed to be a bit on the extreme bright side. It was very intimidating for me to be honest.

Well, probably a year later, I had a $2 off coupon from a magazine and Rite Aid was having a 40% off sale. They retail at the drugstore for prob $6-8 but with the sale and my coupon I think I paid about $2 and change which is not bad in my book.

I was on my way to work one day and ran into Rite Aid, went straight to the display and bought it without hesitating. I threw it on my lips and strutted into work. It is surprisingly wearing for how bright it looks in the tube. I would say this is on point for trendy spring/summer lips.

Here are a few pics of it swatched and in the tube.





This not the best pic in terms of position but it is the closest I could get to it's true color.


In the next pic I swatched it lightly on the right and heavily on the right. It is slightly on the sheer side but it will def lay some color on the lips. It also seems a lil glossy for a lipstick. It reminds me of a MAC luster finish.





The lasting power is decent but buying it I new it wasn't a "long wearing" lipstick. I also think the finish doesn't aid in it's longevity. Lastly, here is a pic of me wearing (I was on my way to work, hence the car. Always buckle up)





It's worth picking up for a fun seasonal lippie, especially if it's on same ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment